Underwriting Sales Consultant
QBE is one of the top 20 global general insurers and is recognised as Australia’s largest international insurance and reinsurance company, with operations in 37 countries around the world.
We are looking for someone who is animated, reliable, and sales-focused, with a consultative approach to join a rapidly growing and successful team. If these values resonate with you and your experience is from within contact centre or face-to-face sales position this could be just the opportunity you are looking for.
The key responsibilities for this role include the following, but not limited to:
- Underwrite new and existing policies in accordance with organisational policy and underwriting standards
- Deliver timely decisions and problem-solving solutions for customers and intermediaries
- Develop and maintain good working relationships with all customers intermediaries and internal stakeholders
- Evaluate risk for new business in accordance with standards, to ensure profitable growth
- Build strong knowledge of current legislation, best practice, underwriting acceptance levels, systems and organisational guidelines
- To excel in this role you will need to have experience in commercial insurance underwriting
- We pride ourselves on selling through our service. Sales within this position are purely customer needs-focused so being confident and sure of your solution is a major part of the picture
- You will also be able to create a solution that solves your client’s issue that is the key to success
Some of the benefits for you include:
- Parramatta location - only one minute walk from Parramatta station
- Inbound and outbound calls
- Genuine career progression within the business
- Full-time roles – 36.25hrs pw on a rotating roster between the hours of Monday to Friday 8am – 7pm
- The occasional Saturday may be required with overtime payment
- Extremely generous discounts on insurance, free Taronga Zoo family passes, discounted corporate health insurance, free tickets to Sydney Roosters, Sydney Swans and Sydney Swifts games and much more!
To be successful with your application you will need to meet the following criteria:
- Experience in a sales and service position, insurance sales experience is highly desirable
- Experience in domestic insurance preferably commercial insurance also, with accreditation levels
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Excellent sales and negotiation skills
- Reliable and committed to the role.
- Communication and problem-solving skills
Fully paid training and support will be provided in the form of classroom training, on the job coaching, and mentoring by your managers and sales coaches.
You will be provided with a competitive salary package and benefits, in an environment that offers support, and encourages career development and learning.