Manager, Insurance Operations Risk
- Role: ANZO Manager - Insurance Operations Risk
- Location: The role would be located at our Sydney ANZO offices
- Term: Full-time
QBE is one of the top 20 global general insurers and is recognised as Australia’s largest international insurance and reinsurance company, with operations in 37 countries around the world.
The opportunity has become available to take your career to a new level in a high performing team environment. You will play an important role in providing a second line of defence oversight to QBE’s Australia and New Zealand Operation’s risk profile.
Your responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Providing risk management advice and challenge to the first line areas through quality execution of the risk program (eg. performing risk assessments, scenario analysis, issue oversight and risk culture reviews)
- Collaborating and building constructive working relationships with key internal and external stakeholders and being seen as a credible business advisor, valued for strong business acumen and knowledge across all risk categories
- In conjunction with management, identifying pre-emptive or early-warning measures of potential major or systemic risk management issues
- Performing targeted risk reviews into identified areas of concern
- Assisting with the implementation and monitoring of the controls assurance program
- Supporting management in the identification of risks, assessment of controls and design of efficient, innovative and commercial strategies to address control gaps and manage risk within appetite
- Providing a robust second line of defence with suitable reporting, monitoring and escalation of risk issues
- Providing risk training and awareness to drive the right risk culture and behaviours throughout the organisation
- Taking accountability for planning, co-ordinating and prioritising activities to ensure high quality delivery by due dates
- Reviewing outputs/deliverables and coaching team members to achieve quality outcomes
To be successful in this role you will possess:
- At least five years’ experience in the general insurance industry with a thorough knowledge and understanding of the current market and regulatory environment
- Relevant risk management qualifications
- Thorough knowledge of industry best practice in enterprise risk management
- Excellent facilitation skills at all levels and the ability to influence management and develop relationships with key stakeholders
- High work ethic, and excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organisational, time, project management, and influencing skills
- Ability to manage and resolve conflict or complex issues
- Ability to adapt to a fast-paced dynamically changing environment
- Flexible for occasional business travel
This exciting position will provide you with the opportunity to work in a dynamic environment that is supportive of new ideas, and driven to deliver positive results.
You will be provided with a competitive salary package and benefits, in an environment that offers support, and encourages career development and learning.
QBE recognises and supports a range of flexible work arrangements to promote a better family/life/work balance.
Applicants will be required to at a minimum undertake police and basic credit checks as a condition of employment.
If you are a QBE employee, please inform your Manager before applying.
For more information, click the APPLY link to submit your details.
Applications close on Friday 3rd March 2017.