Senior Manager - Insurance Risk
- Role: Senior Manager - Insurance Risk
- Location: Sydney CBD
- Term: Full-time
QBE is one of the top 20 global general insurers and is recognised as Australia’s largest international insurance and reinsurance company, with operations in 37 countries around the world.
The opportunity has become available to take your career to a new level in a high performing team environment. Reporting to QBE ANZOs Head of Risk, you will play an important role in providing a second line of defence oversight to QBE’s ANZOs insurance risk profile which encompasses underwriting, claims, pricing aggregate management, reserving and reinsurance.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Identification of early warning measures of potential major or systemic insurance risk issues through product/portfolio monitoring, development and monitoring of key risk indicators and targeted deep dives
- Providing challenge over new product development, pricing, reserving and quality of insurance risk monitoring and reporting
- Leading the annual stress and scenario program for the division and performance of ad-hoc insurance stress tests
- Providing input and challenge over the business plan development
- Primary risk team interface with the actuarial, reinsurance and product teams
- Contribute to risk and control assessments and divisional risk assessment as the insurance risk second line subject matter expert
- Involvement in setting and monitoring of the risk appetite statement
- Contribute to emerging risks monitoring and shaping the QBE response
- Involvement in key projects that have a strong product or underwriting impact
To be successful in this role you will possess:
- Knowledge and understanding of the insurance industry and current market and regulatory environment, preferably, at an international level
- At least seven years’ experience in the general insurance industry with proven understanding in first line pricing, reserving, underwriting, claims, aggregation management and/or reinsurance; with insurance and/or risk management part or full qualification (desirable)
- Experience of working with senior management and oversight of underwriting activities
- High work ethic, and excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organisational, time, project management, and influencing skills
- Self-motivation to initiate, lead in collaboration and maintain best practice in insurance risk
- Ability to manage and resolve conflict or complex issues
- Capable of representing the team in a range of internal and external forums
- Flexible for occasional business travel
This exciting position will provide you with the opportunity to work in a dynamic environment that is supportive of new ideas, and driven to deliver positive results.
You will be provided with a competitive salary package and benefits, in an environment that offers support, and encourages career development and learning.
QBE recognises and supports a range of flexible work arrangements to promote a better family/life/work balance.
Applicants will be required to at a minimum undertake police and basic credit checks as a condition of employment.
If you are a QBE employee, please inform your Manager before applying.
For more information, click the APPLY link to submit your details.
Applications close on Friday 3 March 2017.